Continuamos con el Lancia Delta S4, y aquí os presento el estado del motor, con las piezas simplemente puestas sin pegar para verificar su ajuste:
We continue with the Lancia Delta S4, and here I present the state of the engine, with the parts simply placed without pasting to verify its adjustment:
En principio, decidí cambiar las salidas de los escapes, sustituyendo las piexzas de plástico del kit por tubos de latón, los cuales tenía que adelgazar la anchura de sus bordes. Para ello, utilicé la fresadora con la punta que véis en la foto:
But let’s take a few steps back, and let’s see the process I’ve done to get to it!
In principle, I decided to change the exhaust outlets, replacing the plastic pieces of the kit with brass tubes, which had to thin the width of their edges. To do this, I used the milling machine with the tip you see in the photo:
And once done, I glued it to the exhaust pipe. Here you see it comparing it with the original:
And since I had another escape exit, but smaller, I replaced it in the same way!
Here you see another view of the exhaust, and the welding that I have built in the joint.
I also added the photoetches of the HD TK, which is very good with many details to improve the kit:
And we move on to painting. Once primed with Gravity, I painted it with Zero Aluminum Metal:
A little yellow and blue translucent, followed by burnt metal, all of Alclad:
And to finish this phase, sepia color also from Alclad:
Continuamos poniendo mas fotograbados. Ahora le toca el turno a los dos grandes radiadores traseros. Le pego las rejillas, dos de arriba y otras dos en la pate inferior, y las correspondientes soldaduras de TM, que también utilicé en el escape:
We continue to put more photogravures. Now is the turn of the two large rear radiators. I hit the grilles, two from the top and two from the bottom pate, and the corresponding TM welds, which I also used in the exhaust:
Y cuando enseñé esta foto a algunos colegas, me dijeron que la fijación del tubo era poco real, por lo que busqué fotos y vi que tenía unas fijaciones extras. Las hice con lámina de metal, cortada y limada para que se adaptara a la curva del tubo. En el centro le puse una cabeza de tornillo de MasterClub:
And when I showed this photo to some colleagues, they told me that the fixation of the tube was unreal, so I looked for photos and saw that I had some extra fixations. I made them with sheet metal, cut and file so that it would adapt to the curve of the tube. In the center I put a screw head of MasterClub:
And we go on to paint it. After the Gravity primer, I gave him a pair of Vallejo Matte Aluminum hands, which later, I will have to clarify more:
And I give it the same colors as the exhaust pipe, transparent yellow and blue, and burnt iron, all of Alclad:
We mask the end to paint it from metallic gray of Zero:
Another piece that goes with the same treatment as that of the radiators, and that goes under them:
Here we see them together:
Para cambiar un poco,os muestro el proceso de una pieza que es la fijación del cable del acelerador. Va situada en la parte derecha en orden de marcha, y colocada en la pieza negra de fibra que pone el rótulo de Abarth. Primero marco las lineas e corte exteriores y las de los dobleces, así como los agujeros, todo sobre la lámina grande:
To change a little, I show you the process of a piece that is the throttle cable fixing. It is located on the right side in running order, and placed on the black piece of fiber that puts the Abarth label. First I mark the outer lines and cut and those of the folds, as well as the holes, all on the large sheet:
Once done, I cut it and fold it. In this case, I changed from soda can to brass, and so I didn’t have to paint it:
We pass to another piece, also with leakage outlet, in which we change the final part, by another piece of plastic, but with the thinned edge:
Imprimamos con Gravity y pintamos con Metal Aluminio de Zero:
We print with Gravity and paint with Zero Aluminum Metal:
A bit of transparent yellow and blue, and the burnt metal of Alclad:
We will mask another piece to paint it of metallic gray of Zero:
And here, the piece already glued in the engine …
… to which we have given some washings of diluted acrylic smoke:
Para terminar de detallar las piezas de los radiadores, hago previamente una prueba para testear los manguitos que unen los tubos. Sobre lámina metálica autoadhesiva, corto varias tiras, elimino las intermedias, las imprimo y pinto de azul Ligier de Zero. Después las pego en sus sitios,y le añado dos tiras muy finas del mismo material a modo de abrazaderas, siendo este el resultado final del test:
To finish detailing the radiator parts, I previously made a test to test the sleeves that join the tubes. On self-adhesive metal sheet, I cut several strips, remove the intermediate ones, print them and paint Ligier de Zero blue. Then I paste them in their places, and I add two very thin strips of the same material as clamps, this being the final result of the test:
And as I saw that it was good, I do it in all existing clamps. After that, a couple of diluted smoke washes, everywhere, especially in the filters and edges of the piece:
And finally, I glue the front shock absorbers I had already painted, and we compare them with an original one: the difference is clear.
Gracias por ver y comentar!!
Now we can paste the entire front set !! But that will be in the next post!
Thanks for viewing and commenting!!